Ten things I’m thankful for. A few years ago, at a conference, a speaker encouraged us to give thanks for 10 things from the previous day before we ever got out of bed. I took the challenge and really enjoy starting off the day with the gratitude of the many blessings in my life. This idea also goes along with our BRIDGE message series called “24 – A Day with God.” It’s a great 3-part series about walking with God all day long. I hope you’ll check it out.
So, I probably won’t remember what I thought of in bed this morning, but here’s 10 things I’m grateful for today:
- Health – I could be paralyzed or partially disabled b/c of a past illness I had so I’m very grateful to be healthy and walking.
- My dad – he turned 64 yesterday and I’m so proud to be his son and couldn’t ask for a more loving, godly dad who models true manhood each and every day.
- Courtney and Jackson – I’m blessed to have them both.
- My mom – got to spend some time with her yesterday and always enjoy that time of talking about life and what’s going on with her.
- Grace – where would I be without God’s grace? I am such a selfish sinner and don’t deserve God’s grace and forgiveness but, fortunately, that is what God offers me.
- Matt and Cheri and Ethan. They are awesome. I wish I could hang out with them more.
- Dee. Solid step-mom. Puts others first all the time. What a servant!
- Hot water. I can’t function without a morning shower.
- Coffee. Is there a support group to get me off the stuff?
- Electricity. It makes the hot water, and the coffee, and provides lights, A/C, etc. Thank you God for electricity!
- Rain. Almost forgot about this one. After our drought a few years ago, I told God I would never complain about rain again. So far so good, I think. Thanks for the rain we had yesterday.
So what are you grateful for?